Qualified professionals who have the right training and certifications are needed in practically every type of industry from the building trades to manufacturing. In Maryland, future HVAC contractors can start to prepare for a career in any of these industries by completing an accredited program in HVAC training. Additional information on HVAC Excellence accreditation can be found athttp://www.hvacexcellence.org/accreditedprograms.aspx.
HVAC professionals in Maryland must be licensed through the state’s DLLR Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing board. There are four types of licenses available for HVAC and refrigeration contractors with varying requirements for obtaining the license.
How to Get Certified in Maryland
HVAC professionals can apply for a master, master restricted, limited, or journeyman license. For additional information on specific requirements, visit the Maryland Board of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors website at https://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/hvacr/hvacrlicreq.shtml.
Salaries for HVAC Technician Jobs MarylandAccording to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, HVAC careers are growing at a faster than average rate, and there are currently 6,300 HVAC professional positions in Maryland with the highest concentration located in the Baltimore area.
HVAC professionals in Maryland can expect to earn an average annual salary of $49,870, or $23.97 per hour, which is approximately in the 50th percentile for average salary around the United States.
- Ready To Begin Truck Driving? Earn Your CDL License Today
- Look No Further Than All-State Career for Class B Trailer Driving Courses.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (Pittsburgh)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (Baltimore Only)
- HVACR Technician
- Heating and Air Conditioning
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology - Diploma
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Land Management (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Land Management (Certificate) - Online
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
HVAC Training Campuses in Maryland
|Ashworth College||6625 The Corners Pkwy NW #500, Norcross, GA 30092||http://www.ashworthcollege.edu|
|All-State Career School | HVAC Training||2200 Broening Highway, Baltimore, MD 21224||hvac.fortis.edu?csrc=hvacagent.com|
|CCBC-Catonsville Campus||800 South Rolling Road, Baltimore, MD 21222||http://www.ccbcmd.edu|
|Cecil Community College||105 Railroad Avenue, Elkton, MD 21921||http://www.cecilcc.edu|
|Cecil Community College||One Seahawk Drive, North East, MA 21901||http://www.cecil.cc.ms.us|
|Chesapeake College||1000 College Lane, Wye Mills, MD 21679||http://www.chesapeake.edu|
|College of Southern Maryland/Industrial Trng Center||5825 Radio Station Road, La Plata, MD 20646||http://www.csmd.edu|
|Frederick Community College||7932 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick, MD 21702||http://www.frederick.edu|
|HVAC Career Training Center||Accepts Statewide - Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, Frederick, Silver Spring, Waldorf..., MD 11111||hvaccareernow.com/application/14|
|hvacredu.net (Online Training)||P.O. Box 77, Heron, MT 59844||http://www.hvacredu.net|
|Lincoln College of Technology||9325 Snowden River Parkway, Columbia, MD 21046||hvaccareernow.com/school/37/Lincoln-College-Of-Technology-Columbia/35|
|Montgomery College||51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, MD 20850||http://www.montgomerycollege.edu|
|North American Trade Schools||6901 Security Blvd. #16, Baltimore, MD 21244||http://www.natradeschools.com|
|Tesst College of Technology||1520 South Caton Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21227||http://www.tesst.com|