For choosing secondary vocational schools offering adult education HVAC programs, look for regional and national accreditation from:
- The Virgina Department of Education
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
- Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) for online courses.
How to Get Certified in VirginiaVirginia requires mandatory certification that leads to licensing for all HVAC workers by the DPOR. Three certification levels are possible: Journeyman, master, and contractor. Candidates must also pass licensure exams.
- Journeyman certification is most often obtained by a combination of documented practical work experience combined with coursework from a vocational program.
- Master certification requires working for one year as a journeyman or having 10 years of practical experience in the field with verified affidavits from workplace observers.
- To become a licensed contractor in the HVAC field, you must possess a master certification license or work for 10 years and have verified affidavits from co-workers and supervisors.
Salaries for HVAC Technician Jobs in VirginiaAccording to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics from 2012, the national average for entry level HVAC earnings was $43,640 annually. The job outlook for growth in this field between 2012-2022 is faster than average at 21%. In Virginia, the average annual salary for 2013 was $48,000 for all posted HVAC positions.
HVAC Training and HVAC Schools in VirginiaVirginia has a number of choices for education in HVAC training. Depending on the type of certification program you are completing, coursework will typically last from 6 months to 2 years. For adult evening vocational programs, check with your local school district. For some top community college offerings from around the state, check out these programs:
- Northern Virginia Community College: Accredited Associates Degree Program in HVAC
- Tidewater Community College: Accredited Certificate in HAC, HACR, HVAC, or HVACR programs
- Blue Ridge Community College: Accredited Associates Degree Program in HVAC
- Piedmont Virginia Community College: Accredited Associates Degree Program in HVAC
- Southwest Virginia Community College: Accredited Certificate in HVAC program
Bureau of Labor Statistics HVAC Info
HVAC Salaries by State
VA HVAC Licensing
- HVACR Technician
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Residential Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning
- Heating and Air Conditioning
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Electrical Technician Diploma
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Land Management (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Land Management (Certificate) - Online
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
HVAC Training Campuses in Virginia
|Ashworth College||6625 The Corners Pkwy NW #500, Norcross, GA 30092||http://www.ashworthcollege.edu|
|Advanced Technical Institute (ATI)||5700 Southern Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA 23462||hvaccareernow.com/school/3/advanced-technology-institute/6|
|Arlington Career Center||816 S. Walter Reed Drive, Arlington, VA 22204||http://www.careercenter.arlington.k12.va.us|
|Blue Ridge Community College||1 College Ln, Weyers Cave, VA 24486||http://www.brcc.edu|
|Central Virginia Community College||3506 Wards Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502||http://www.cvcc.vccs.edu|
|Dabney S. Lancaster Community College||PO Box 1000, Rt. 60W, Clifton Forge, VA 24422||http://www.dl.vccs.edu|
|Danville Community College||1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541||http://www.dcc.vccs.edu|
|Eastern Shore Community College||29300 Lankford Highway, Melfa, VA 23410||NONE|
|Everest College | Train to be an HVAC Technician||825 Greenbrier Cir, Chesapeake, VA 23320||hvac.everestcollege.edu/hvac-schools/hampton-roads?dmredirect=ISGCADEV|
|Fortis College | HVAC Training | 2 Locations in Virginia||2 Locations in Virginia, Norfolk & Richmond, VA 23502||hvac.fortis.edu?csrc=hvacagent.com|
|hvacredu.net (Online Training)||P.O. Box 77, Heron, MT 59844||http://www.hvacredu.net|
|International Training Institute||601 N. Fairfax Street #240, Alexandria, VA 22314||http://www.sheetmetal-iti.org|
|Jackson River Technical Center||105 E. Country Club Lane, Covington, VA 24426||http://www.jrtc.info|
|John Tyler Community College||13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester, VA 23831||http://www.jtcc.edu|
|Lord Fairfax Community College||173 Skirmisher Lane, Middletown, VA 22645||http://www.lfcc.edu|
|Massanutten Technical Center||325 Pleasant Valley Road, Harrisonburg, VA 22801||http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/mtc|
|Mountain Empire Community College||3441 Mountain Empire Road, Big Stone, VA 24219||me.vccs.edu|
|Northern Virginia Community College||15200 Neabsco Mills Road, Woodbridge, VA 22191||http://www.nvcc.edu|
|Patrick Henry Community College||PO Box 5311, Martinsville, VA 24115||http://www.ph.cc.va.us|
|Paul D. Camp Community College||253 James Street, Smithfield, VA 23430||http://www.pcc.vccs.edu|
|Piedmont Virginia Community College-C.A. Techn Center||1000 E. Rio Road/501 College Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22901||http://www.pvcc.edu|
|Rappahannock Community College||12745 College Drive, Glenns, VA 23149||http://www.rcc.vccs.edu|
|Richmond Tech Center-North||2015 Seddon Way, Richmond, VA 23230||NONE|
|Richmond Tech Center-South||2020 Westwood Avenue, Richmond, VA 11111||NONE|
|Russell County Career/Tech Center||Vocational School Road, Lebanon, VA 24266||russell.k12.va.us|
|Southwest Virginia Community College||PO Box Svcc, Richlands, VA 24641||http://www.sw.edu|
|Spotsylvania Career & Technology Center||6713 Smith Station Road, Spotsylvania, PA 22553||http://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us|
|Thomas Nelson Community College||PO Box 9407, Hampton, VA 23670||http://www.tncc.edu|
|Tidewater Community College-Job Skills Training Program||315 Granby St. 2nd Floor, Norfolk, VA 24115||http://www.tcc.edu|
|Valley Vocational Tech Center||49 Hornet Road, Fisherville, VA 22939||http://www.vvtc.tec.va.us|
|Virginia Highlands Community College||PO Box 828, Abingdon, VA 24212||http://www.vhcc.edu|
|Virginia Western Community||3095 Colonial Avenue, SW, Roanoke, VA 24038||http://www.virginiawestern.edu|