Certification for HVAC personnel is licensing. At Alaska, licensing is regulated by The Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development. There are two choices for applying for a license; examination or credentials. The educational requirements are the same for either choice.
Education can be from a nationally or regionally accredited college, university or trade school. Or education can be obtained from on the job training as a journeyman. Formal education from accredited schools must have the degree verified. Journeyman training programs require Certificates in Support of Applicant’s Experience and Qualifications from 3 individuals who have knowledge of work experience and qualifications.
Licensing can be obtained by examination process or verification of credentials. Currently, examinations are administered by PSI Exams (psiexams.com). Credentials require having an out of state active license and verification of passed examination from another state.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - HVAC
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for HVAC Technician Jobs in AlaskaSalaries for HVAC Technicians at Alaska are above the national average per salary.com. Salary medians vary based upon location and job demands. Below is a list of median salaries based on locations.
• Anchorage $45,856
• Fairbanks $44,775
• Juneau $46,140
• Palmer $43,866
• Sitka $38,038
• Wasilla $45,212
How to Get Certified in AlaskaContinued education training classes are a licensing requirement with The Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development. Approved training programs and classes can be found on their website. Below is a list of the approved training programs and classes:
• Alaska CEU, online course – Fairbanks
• Alaska Craftsman Home Program, Anchorage
• Alaska Mechanical Contractors Association, Inc. (Mechanical Contractors of
• All Star Training, Inc., online courses – Addison, Texas.
• Ceuok.com, online courses – Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Mechanical Sales, Inc., Anchorage
• Proctor Sales, Inc., Anchorage
• Rehau Academy, online courses – Leesburg, Virginia
HVAC Training Campuses in Alaska
|1 - Ashworth College||6625 The Corners Pkwy NW #500, Norcross, GA 30092||www.ashworthcollege.ed|
|Alaska Technical Center||PO Box 51, Kotzebue, AK 99752||www.nwarctic.org|
|Alaska Vocational Technical Center||PO Box 889, Seward, AK 99664||www.avtec.alaska.edu|
|hvacredu.net (Online Training) - Any Location in the U.S.||P.O. Box 77, Heron, MT 59844||www.hvacredu.net|
|Kodiak College||117 Benny Brown Drive, Kodiak, AK 99615||www.koc.alaska.edu|
|Mantanuska-Susitna Community College||PO Box 2889, Palmer, AK 99645||www.matsu.alaska.edu|
|Charter College||2221 E Northern Lights Blvd #120, Anchorage, AK 99508||www.chartercollege.edu|
|University of Alaska||910 Yukon Dr, Fairbanks, AK 99775||http://www.alaska.edu/alaska/|