How to Get Certified in AtlantaIn order to work as an HVAC technician, the EPA requires certification known as EPA Section 608 Certifications. There are four different types of certification as well as a Universal certification for students who pass all portions of the exam successfully. Those who successfully complete the core section in addition to one of the three individual sections can be certified for specific work. Type I allows professionals to service small appliances including AC window units and domestic refrigerators. Type II permits technicians to work in residential air conditioning and the supermarket refrigeration field; this certification is specific to handling high-pressure refrigerant. Type III certifies professionals to work with equipment such as chillers which use low-pressure refrigerant. The EPA certification test is broken into four sections of 25 questions each, and 18 of the 25 must be correct in each section to gain certification.
Salaries for HVAC Technician Jobs in AtlantaAccording to Indeed, the average salary for an HVAC tech working in the Atlanta area is $59,000 which is $11,000 more than the Georgia average. HVAC technicians are typically paid hourly, and income varies based on different jobs and markets within the HVAC field. Commercial HVAC technicians are paid the lowest within the industry while sales representatives, particularly those in the residential sector, have the greatest average salaries, often exceeding $60,000 annually.
Matching School Ads
- Fortis trade schools will help you get the training you need for a successful education
- Degree offered across multiple campuses in Florida, Texas, Ohio & more
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Includes training in computerized diagnostics to service & repair complex systems
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Diploma
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- And more...
Locations: Grand Prairie
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- HVAC Technician (11-month diploma program)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
HVAC Training Campuses in Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, GA 30310||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
|Chattahoochee Technical College||980 S Cobb Dr, Marietta, GA 30060||http://www.chattahoocheetech.edu|
|Fortis College, Smyrna||2140 S Cobb Dr, Smyrna, GA 30080||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/georgia/smyrna/2140-south-cobb-drive-smyrna-ga.aspx|
|Georgia Piedmont Technical College||495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA 30021||http://www.gptc.edu|
|Gwinnett Technical College||5150 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043||http://www.gwinnetttech.edu|
|Interactive College of Technology||5303 New Peachtree Rd, Chamblee, GA 30341||http://www.ict.edu|
|Lanier Technical College||2990 Landrum Education Dr, Oakwood, GA 30566||http://www.laniertech.edu|
|North Georgia Technical College||1500 GA-197, Clarkesville, GA 30523||https://northgatech.edu|
|Southern Crescent Technical College||501 Varsity Rd, Griffin, GA 30223||https://www.sctech.edu|
|West Georgia Technical College, Carroll Campus||997 Newnan Rd, Carrollton, GA||http://www.westgatech.edu|
|West Georgia Technical College||1 College Circle, 1302 Orchard Hill Rd., LaGrange, GA 30240||http://westgatech.edu|