When choosing any type of educational program, it's important to find out their accreditation status. Accredited programs in the Miami area will be approved through one or more of these organizations:
The Florida Department of Education.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
Accredited Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACIC).
National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
HVAC Certification in MiamiHVAC certification in Florida is governed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation which falls under the Florida Construction and Licensing Board. Before licensing, all HVAC candidates need to complete an HVAC certification training program. The type of degree or certificate earned determines the level of job the candidate may hold.
Additionally, HVAC candidates must pass an HVAC competency exam which determines the type of HVAC jobs they may hold. Registration licenses are granted to HVAC candidates taking a local HVAC competency exam. These technicians can work in local or regional locations. Candidates passing a state-sponsored HVAC exam may work throughout the state. HVAC technicians working with ozone-depleting refrigerants must also pass the EPA Section 608 exam.
Salaries and Benefits for HVAC Jobs in MiamiInformation from the Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 report indicates the national average for entry level HVAC earnings is $43,640 annually with jobs in the field expected to grow 21% between 2012-2022. In Florida, the average annual salary for HVAC technicians 2013 was $40,000 for all posted listings. As this occupation grows, salaries are also expected to rise. A recent top 10 study from Emerson Climate Technologies place Florida as the #3 state for HVAC-Refrigerant jobs in 2013 due to the demand in the state for year-round cooling.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (11-month diploma program)
Aviation Institute of Maintenance schools are distinguished institutes committed to the education and personal enrichment of each student interested in the Aviation Industry. Students can succeed in our collegiate environment when properly motivated and taught to set goals in furthering their education. All aspects of our mechanic school are enriched with creating an atmosphere conducive to learning, while instilling a high degree of business ethics and professionalism.
- Fortis trade schools will help you get the training you need for a successful education
- Degree offered across multiple campuses in Florida, Texas, Ohio & more
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Includes training in computerized diagnostics to service & repair complex systems
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Diploma
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- And more...
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Electrician Training
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Electrical Technician Diploma
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Applied Electronics Technology- HVAC Major (Diploma)
- Electrical Trades Technology (Associates)
- HVAC/R with PLC - Diploma
- Electrical - Diploma
- Electrical - Spanish
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
HVAC Training Campuses in Miami
|College of Business and Technology||8700 W Flagler St #420, Miami, FL 33174||www.cbt.edu|
|Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center||750 NW 20th St, Miami, FL 33127||lindsey.dadeschools.net|
|Miami Dade College||300 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33132||www.mdc.edu|
|Robert Morgan Educational Center Post-Secondary Educational Center||18180 S.W. 122 Avenue Miami, FL 33177||http://hs.robertmorganeducenter.org/|